blog template

Monday, October 12, 2009

So long, so long


The Setting: St. George Arcade
My Peeps: Allie, Cameron, and Preston
The Game: Deal or No Deal

Please keep in mind that I've watched about 15 minutes of Deal or No Deal once or twice, so I was pretty excited when I decided not to take any deal and found that I had picked the briefcase with 100 tickets in it. As I looked over my prizes it was clear the best course of action would be to go with the army men. And so I did. Allie and I attached them to my dashboard in strategic positions one sunny, autumn day in Cedar City. And they stayed that way for almost a year.

The other day I noticed my dashboard had gotten quite dusty and I decided it was time to clean it. The army men had become so brittle by that point that they would fall apart even when you just lightly touched them. So I had to say goodbye to them all.

They have brought a smile to the faces of workers of In and Out and McDonalds alike. They have provided entertainment to many riders in my passenger seat. And they have kept me company.

To my army men, whether gray, tan or green, I salute you all.

1 comment:

Jacki Lee said...

They certainly would brighten my day! They will be truely missed