blog template

Thursday, June 4, 2009

47 REASONS TO LOVE MY DAD ON (THE DAY AFTER) HIS 47TH BIRTHDAY...

1. I love my dad because he is always has a stash of candy and is willing to share.
2. I love my dad because he can fix anything.
3. I love my dad because he's Steve Martin's secret twin.
4. I love my dad because he's hip and listens to travel podcasts.
5. I love my dad because he loves my mom.
6. I love my dad because he's always been a hard worker and provides for our family.
7. I love my dad because he makes being a Walmart manager classy.
8. I love my dad because he's proud of me even though I'm kind of a loser.
9. I love my dad because he enjoys doing yard work (less work for me).
10. I love my dad because he’s very clean and organized.
11. I love my dad because he's uber intelligent.
12. I love my dad because he loves the outdoors and camping and after many years he's made me love them as well.
13. I love my dad because he's practical.
14. I love my dad because he exercises and eats well.
15. I love my dad because he tolerates us when we get a little crazy at the dinner table.
16. I love my dad because he likes to read.
17. I love my dad because he shaved his famous mustache off.
18. I love my dad because he encourages me to educate myself about everything I'm interested in.
19. I love my dad because he's idea of teaching you how to drive is making you drive his extended cab truck with a shell with almost no previous driving experience in downtown Salt Lake City. In other words he's up for life endangering adventures.
20. I love my dad because he's a movie fanatic.
21. I love my dad because he's a pirate.
22. I love my dad because he's a man of many talents.
23. I love my dad because he's a morning person.
24. I love my dad because he's a good cook or as I like to say a culinary chef.
25. I love my dad because he thinks Ashley is a unique name.
26. I love my dad because he thinks my middle name is Maria.
27. I love my dad because he encourages us to have the Christmas spirit and serve others.
28. I love my dad because he's ever so fashionable.
29. I love my dad because he's had really cool jobs such as working at the Lion House, Jordan River Temple, and the Granite Mountain Records Vault.
30. I love my dad because he owns all the James Bond movies.
31. I love my dad because he made sure I got my eighth birthday wish, to go to the zoo...eight years later on my 16th birthday.
32. I love my dad because he held my hand when I was got my wisdom teeth out.
33. I love my dad because he was the angel Moroni on the Manti Temple one year for pageant.
34. I love my dad because he doesn't get upset when people run his truck into a pole. (Good job Mom and April, you guys are special.)
35. I love my dad because he survived Peter's crazy teen years.
36. I love my dad because he taught me how to gut a fish.
37. I love my dad because he got us a swimming pool.
38. I love my dad because he takes our family on walks to the temple.
39. I love my dad because he's going to take me on a cruise when I get back from my mission.
40. I love my dad because without him I wouldn't be able to go on a mission.
41. I love my dad because my dad's tougher than your dad and he yells louder, my dad's tougher than yours.
42. I love my dad because he's punctual.
43. I love my dad because he always made sure I was up in time for school in my youth.
44. I love my dad because he can pull off gray hair.
45. I love my dad because he is a sudoku master!
46. I love my dad because he takes good care of his Mom.
47. I love my dad because he's Peter and he likes to party!

***And bonus reason 48. He used to be a locksmith, and that comes in handy...like when I lock my keys in my car...and can't remember where I left my spares :)

LOVE YOU FATHA! Thanks for being born!

1 comment:

Jacki Lee said...

salmon sweater you rock.. im just going to copy all of these and post them for my dad haha jk.. that was way funny... he thinks my middle name is maria... i dont get it but its hilarious!